Connecting data points
Analytics is only as effective as the data it is based upon. Esploro Analytics draws on and links together information collected from billions of individual records and data silos.
- Over four and a half billion records from more than 5,000 content providers and data sources in the Ex Libris Central Index.
- Assets in your local, national and disciplinary repositories.
- Data on researcher publications, activities, projects, media mentions, awarded grants and achievements.
- Granular data on research outputs, including articles, books, chapters, digital resources, datasets, open access content, dissertations, audiovisual content and conference proceedings
- Covers all disciplines, including STEM, Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts.
Esploro’s customizable analytics dashboards and reports provide a wide range of actionable insights to improve scholarly impact and help research offices and libraries achieve greater effectiveness. Set benchmarks, identify trends and dive into key areas for deeper evaluation. For example:
- Collaborations: Identify internal and external collaborations by , researcher, subject or discipline, with graphic representation of changes over time.
- Funding: Organize funding information by grants per faculty, by funder over time, by correlation between grants and publications or citations, and more.
- Impact: Measure the impact of research by publications, citations and media mentions over time or in a given period of time, and by other custom metrics.
- Activities: Compare and crosscheck researcher activities with other data, including granular analysis of each researcher’s responsibilities or tasks.
Esploro continuously and automatically enriches data and fills in gaps over time with Smart Harvesting AI, ensuring analysis is always based on complete, accurate and up-to-date information.
- Unique machine learning algorithms and natural language processing identify relationships and correlations across all research outputs and profiles.
- Every time data is collected and profiles are updated, analysis becomes progressively more accurate and consistent.
- The system continually cross-checks new outputs with known data, automatically adding missing metadata, correcting misidentifications, and eliminating duplications.
Designed for openness, Esploro easily integrates with other systems, ensuring data, analysis and reporting can be seamlessly shared within and across institutions.
- Open APIs provide the tools needed to integrate Esploro with various external systems and meet changing needs.
- Data from Esploro can be fed directly into institutional analytics systems and data warehouses.
- Information can be embedded in university web pages, such as an institutional portal or departmental pages.
- Esploro presents analysis and data in out-of-the-box or customized visualizations, suited for various types of reports.