Supporting Academic Research
READ THE STUDY
New study identifies opportunities for research offices and libraries to strengthen support for researchers
Findings from a survey of 300 researchers highlight key challenges
What are some of the main challenges researchers face across the research life cycle? Our study sheds light on key pain points and reveals opportunities for research offices and academic libraries to strengthen support for researchers.
This paper includes the findings from a survey of 300 researchers and interviews with senior members of research offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
The paper examines key research priorities, including:
- Researchers' satisfaction with support received from the research office and library
- What activities researchers conduct themselves vs. getting help from others
- Experience of finding and applying for grants
- Measuring research impact
- Showcasing and maintaining researcher profiles