Over the past quarter, the Ex Libris, integrated library system community and staff have shared new tips, tricks, code samples, and stories through the Ex Libris Developer Network Tech Blog. Covering a wide array of general topics surrounding Alma, Primo the library discovery service, and the Knowledge Center, each article below demonstrates ways the community is coming together to exchange ideas, information, and code to increase opportunities for other libraries to enhance their services.
Take a look at the 10 latest submissions for valuable insight:
- Renouvaud tools – In order to manage efficiently about 150 libraries in Alma, the Swiss Library Network Renouvaud has developed homemade applications for patron management and fulfillment. Learn more
- How to use Data Visualization calculations to concatenate and create fields of loan time duration by days, hours, minutes, and seconds – Alma users can learn more about creating and using fields to be used in workbook displays and also to be used as filters displayed in Alma library analytics. Learn more.
- Concatenate columns and rows – Alma users can take advantage of opportunities to concatenate rows and columns in Oracle, when using Alma Analytics, through this detailed customer-submitted post submitted. Learn more.
- Add Barcode Font to Analytics – An Alma, library management system customer was able to add a barcode font using the custom CSS style feature, and print the barcode, after being asked by libraries in their consortium. Learn more.
- How to use the Alma Refine cloud app for service ORCID – This detailed blog post from Ex Libris staff, discusses specifically how to use the Alma Refine cloud app for service ORCID. Learn more.
- How to use the resumption token when retrieving records via OAI –Alma customers are shown how to use the resumption token when retrieving records via OAI through this blog post. Learn more.
- Changing the PrimoVE behavior and content in AngularJS coding style: the Resource Sharing form case – If you are using PrimoVE and want to change not only the look (via CSS) but also the behavior and content of elements in PrimoVE, review this post so you can learn how to access and change the model (the scope’s data via scope’s API). Learn more.
- How to create and print QR codes directly from Alma and LIBstick – LIBstick is a cloud label printing service which integrates with Alma. A recent development makes it possible in LIBstick to generate QR codes. Discover how you can generate and print QR labels using the template created by Ex Libris staff. Learn more.
- An Alternative to the Alma Print Daemon – Alma Print No GUI – The National Library of Luxembourg has the Alma print daemon running as a task, allowing the library to bypass the need of a logged in user, and enhanced it with a monitoring component. Learn more.
- Create an GPT-based Chatbot on Ex Libris Knowledge Center – The main purpose of this customer post is to experiment and develop a conversational agent-centered on a specific knowledge base (eg. Knowledge Center), whose goal is to make it easier and more interactive for users to find information. Learn more.
The Ex Libris Developer Network Tech Blog is the place to share. View online or sign-up for an RSS feed to develop stronger connections with the Ex Libris community and share your ideas, read others’ posts, and comment on their innovative ideas.