Bringing it all together
Improve discoverability and simplify academic collaboration with centralized collection, management and showcasing of your faculty’s research outputs.
- Information aggregated from separate, independent sources, breaking down research information siloes.
- Comprehensive records include pre-prints, publications, data sets, awarded grants, awards, projects, activities, creative works, research tools, and media mentions.
- Everything (from awarded grants to published work to prizes) is linked.
- Covers the full range of academic disciplines.
Saving time with smart data harvesting
Intelligent automation saves time and reduces the workload for librarians and faculty, while enhancing academic discovery with a full, accurate repository of research output.
- Smart Harvesting AI automatically matches scholars with their research, at scale.
- Machine learning improves the system’s accuracy each time data is harvested.
- Information and records are drawn from the Ex Libris Central Index, national libraries, disciplinary repositories, and more.
- Automatic migration of data from your existing repository to Esploro.
- Research librarians can make mediated deposits of research assets.
- Automatic updates of researcher profiles, publications and citations.
- Researchers can directly deposit their outputs.
- Students can directly deposit theses, dissertations and other assets.
Increasing discoverability with high-quality metadata
Esploro increases the discoverability of research outputs and facilitates scholarly use of research data by automatically capturing rich, high-quality metadata.
- Flexible data models, supporting nearly 100 asset types.
- Automatic data enrichment of existing research assets
- Metadata for research activities (such as mass media activities, consultations, exhibitions, workshops, student supervision, volunteer work).
Custom analytics in a user-friendly package
Data and insights from the Esploro research information hub makes it possible to accurately measure the full impact of an institution’s research and demonstrate its value.
- Feed data into third-party systems for comprehensive reporting and data visualization.
- Measure impact at the level of the individual researcher, faculty and institution.
- An accurate picture of inter-disciplinary and inter-institutional collaboration.
- A customizable user-friendly analytics dashboard and interface.
- Multiple custom and out-of-the-box reports, created with just a few clicks.
Integration that expands capabilities
The research information hub’s tight integration into library workflows streamlines many processes and expands institutional capabilities.
- Integrates with Ex Libris solutions, third-party academic systems, online repositories, subject-based indexes, and researcher profile identification tools.
- Integration with Ex Libris Alma allows easy management of article processing charge (APC) requests, research metadata, and cross-product analytics.
- Integration with Ex Libris Pivot-RP research funding solution makes it possible to connect awarded grants and publications.
Improving productivity at scale
Automation and integrated workflows reduce the burden on library staff and improve productivity, providing optimal support for researchers at scale.
- Bulk updates of research assets.
- Streamlined approval of asset deposits.
- Centralized management of APC requests, access rights, restricted content requests, assets matching, and copyright processes.
- Automated import, export and publishing tasks.
- Efficient workflows for national assessments.