“We recognize that DEI has become a major focus of our institutions. We embrace the power of our people and services to stand against bias and inequity. We are committed to strengthening our diverse and inclusive workforce, working with those within our communities, and continuing to create products that serve everyone equitably.”– Oded Scharfstein, Ex Libris Group President
If you have any questions about our commitments to diversity, inclusion and equity, please email us at email@example.com
We also encourage you to read our Statement on Equality and Justice
We deliver services that are built for and serve everyone equally. Both processes and technology are used to prevent, detect, respond, solve, and mitigate any issues that may present themselves within our services.
- Examine metadata and restrict objectionable content
- Conduct periodic reviews of search and ranking algorithms
- Test and perform adjustments to suppress objectionable word associations and content
- Enable customer reporting and feedback opportunities
- Obtain external input from third-party consultants
We draw on our strong relationships with members of the library community and our local networks to ensure that our pursuits reflect community values and are representative of diverse populations.
- Receive guidance and feedback from our user groups
- Collaborate and consult with individual libraries
- Participate in industry standards organizations
- Work together with content providers
- Contribute to library and non-library philanthropic endeavors
We value employee differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, culture, ethnicity, experience, and more – and recognize that these differences drive innovation and strengthen our products and services.
- Recruit and hire top talent from all backgrounds with a fair, expansive, and equitable recruiting process
- Leverage policies, programs, and cross-functional teams to support diversity
- Conduct training to build a more inclusive culture, focused on diversity and inclusion, unconscious bias, proper interviewing and selection, and more
- Promote and host cultural celebrations and events throughout our worldwide offices
- Encourage and support the creation of internal affinity groups through participation, funding, and guidance
- Provide development opportunities for all employees to enable future growth and advancement